I have been thinking about changing up my Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup. For a change up I decided to make a Southwestern flavor profile adding some black beans I had made earlier the day before. The flavor was delicious. I have to admit I made it a little too spicy. I have adjusted the seasoning level for this recipe to take care of the heat level. This soup is easy to make and perfect for these colder days.
- 1 c onion, diced
- 1 c carrots, diced
- 1 c red, yellow and orange peppers, diced
- 12 oz. corn kernels, frozen
- 1 1/2 c black beans
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilis (Rotel)
- 16 oz. salsa (We like Newman’s Own Peach Salsa)
- 32 oz. Vegetable broth
- 2-3 tbsp Smokey Southwestern Seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- Vegan shredded cheese, garnish (optional)
- Cashew Sour Cream, garnish (optional)
Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, with the exception of the garnish items (vegan shredded cheese and cashew sour cream). Cook soup on high for 5 hours.
You can cook on low if you are going to be away for more than 5 hours.