Recently I brought you a recipe for Corn Chowder. We enjoyed it so much I decided to make it again, but with a little twist. I added Roasted Jackfruit to the recipe. It had the same great flavors, just a little heartier.
- 12 oz corn kernels, frozen, divided
- 12 oz cauliflower rice, frozen
- 1 1/2 c plant milk (I used refrigerated coconut milk)
- 1/2 c sweet onion, chopped
- 1 c vegetable broth + more for sautéing the onion
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 can of jackfruit, rinsed, drained, roasted (Roasted Jackfruit)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Italian Parsley, fresh, chopped, garnish
Place 1 c of the corn and the cauliflower rice in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 4 minutes. Transfer corn and cauliflower mixture into a high-speed blender. Add the plant milk to the cauliflower-corn mixture and blend until smooth and creamy. (I blended mine on the smoothie button for 50 seconds.) Set aside.
In a large saucepan, sauté the onion until it is has softened and is translucent over medium heat. Add the corn-cauliflower mixture, remaining corn, vegetable broth, garlic, onion powder, and Roasted Jackfruit Turn heat up to medium-high and cook until chowder is hot; stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with parsley.