This is my third version of jackfruit salad. The apples add a sweet crunch, while the cranberries add a sweet tang. It is the perfect bite.
The key to the jackfruit, is to rinse it really well and then roast it in the oven.
- 1 cans of jackfruit, brined, rinsed, drained, shredded
- All-Purpose Seasoning + more for seasoning
- 1 apple, chopped (I used honey crisp)
- 1/4 c cranberries, dried
- 1/4 c pecans, toasted, sliced
- 1/4 c dried onion, minced
- 1 tsp spice brown mustard
- Vegan mayonnaise or Cashew Sour Cream
- Himalayan salt to taste (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Spread the shredded jackfruit onto the the prepared baking sheet. Generously sprinkle the All-Purpose Seasoning on the shredded jackfruit.
Roast jackfruit for 20-25 minutes; stirring the jackfruit after to minutes. Remove jackfruit from oven and transfer to a large bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl of jackfruit and stir. Add as much vegan mayonnaise or Cashew Sour Cream as you need to achieve the desired creaminess. Taste for seasoning.
Chill Apple-Cranberry Pecan Jackfruit Salad for at least an hour to let the flavors meld together.
Note: I have served this in lettuce cups, on gluten-free bread, in a salad with assorted greens. There are so many ways to serve this wonderful bite.
Serve. Eat. Enjoy.