I have been wanting to make a white chili for some time. Usually a white chili uses chicken, instead of chicken I used roasted jackfruit. It turned out perfect.
- 5 cups vegetable broth + more for sautéing
- 10 oz. cauliflower rice, frozen, thawed
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 can (4 oz.) green chilis, drained
- 1 can jackfruit, brined, drained, rinsed, roasted
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 c cashew sour cream
- 2 limes – 1 lime zested and juiced, 1 lime for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced, garnish
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped, garnish
In a microwave safe bowl, add the cauliflower rice. Microwave for 4 minutes. Set aside.
In a large Dutch oven sauté the onion, garlic, green chilis, roasted jackfruit, oregano and the salt and pepper. Sauté over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
Using a high speed blender, blend together the cauliflower rice and the vegetable broth. Blend until smooth. I used the smoothie button on my blender, which only takes 50 seconds.
Pour cauliflower mixture into the Dutch oven. Add the corn and the cannellini beans.
Increase heat to medium-high bringing the chili to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes to thicken the chili.
Turn off heat and add the cashew sour cream and the zest and juice of 1 lime.
Ladle into bowl. Garnish with avocado, cilantro and a lime wedge.