The homemade croutons are a must. They take this soup to the next level of comfy, cozy goodness. The creaminess is easily done by pureeing part of the beans with broth. The lemon adds just a hint of zip to keep the soup from being boring. This recipe makes 4-6 servings. Oh, and it only takes 30 minutes to make. Here is another quick and tasty meal in 30 minutes flat to your table.
- 2 15 oz cans cannnelini white beans, rinsed, drained, divided
- 3 c vegetable broth, divided, 1c/2c
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz baby spinach, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zested, juiced
- Homemade Sourdough Croutons – GF/V
In a food processor or blender, blend together 1 can of cannelini beans and 1 c of vegetable broth until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
In a large dutch oven, saute onions with all-purpose seasoning and vegetable broth as needed, until soft.
Add garlic, red pepper flakes. Stir. Add spinach and stir. Cook until spinach is wilted.
Add remaining beans and broth along with the tomato and lemon.
Stir thoroughly. Bring soup to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, until heated through.
Serve with homemade croutons. Eat. Enjoy.