I was cleaning out the refrigerator and freezer and had some things that I wanted to use up. I actually like to do this every week and use all the bits and pieces I can so that they do not go to waste. This is what I came up with. It is colorful and flavorful.
- 12 oz. brown rice spaghetti (I like Jovial brand)
- 16 oz. mixed color little tomatoes, halved
- 12 oz. Green Giant Zucchini Noodles, frozen
- 1 c green peas, frozen
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1 c Basic Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp arrowroot/cornstarch
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast
In a large dutch oven cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
In the same pot add tomatoes, zucchini noodles, peas, All-Purpose Seasoning and garlic. sauté until veggies are heated through.
While the veggies are cooking make a slurry with the vegetable broth and cornstarch. Set aside.
Add spaghetti to the vegetables and stir thoroughly. Add the lemon zest and juice, vegetable broth slurry and nutritional yeast. Stir until completely coated and is well incorporated.
- 1/2 c GF Bread Crumbs
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1/4 c parsley, fresh, chopped
In a medium bowl mix together all the topping ingredients. Sprinkle topping onto plated pasta.
Serve. Eat. Enjoy.