It has been a while since I have made a soup so I thought this would be perfect. What is even better is that it can be made in your slow cooker or your instant pot. Whichever method you use it will be delicious – I promise. Silky, Velvety. Delicious.
- 4 c butternut squash, peeled, cubed 1/2-inch
- 3 c vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 c apple (My favorites are fuji, honey crisp or pink lady), cored, chopped
- 3/4 c shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 c + 4 tsp canned light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice, zested, fresh – use zest for garnish
- 1/4 c pumpkin seeds, divided
Combine squash, broth, apple, shallots, ginger, garlic, curry powder and salt into a slow cooker/instant pot.
I used the instant pot method.
Slow Cooker: Cover the slow cooker with lid and cook on low until vegetables are tender, about 7 hours. Stir in 1 cup of the coconut milk and lime juice.
Instant Pot: I used the bean/legume setting (this setting takes about 15 minutes). You should follow the manufacturer’s directions. Stir in 1 cup of the coconut milk and lime juice.
In a high speed blender, blend soup in batches, until the soup is all blended. Divide into 4 bowls. Garnish with 1 tsp each of coconut milk and some pumpkin seeds.
Serve. Eat. Enjoy.