Caserecce is my favorite pasta shape. They are made into a “S” shape and trap all the goodness of the sauce into the curves. This recipe is an updated version of my Mushrooms & Peas Pasta. both versions are delicious, but this new updated version has more mushroom flavor due to the porcini powder.
For easy cleanup this dish is made in one pot. Less time cleaning up means more time with the family.
- 12 oz GF Caserecce (I like Jovial)
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- vegetable broth as needed or sautéing
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 6 oz. white wine, or vegetable broth
- 4 Porcini mushrooms, dried, grind into powder
- 1 1/2 c Cashew Béchamel- Basic White Sauce
- 1 1/2 c peas, frozen, thawed
In a large dutch oven cook the caserecce according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In the same pot sauté onions until softened. Add mushrooms, garlic and All-Purpose Seasoning.
Deglaze pot with wine or vegetable broth. Add porcini powder and stir.
Add caserecce back to the pot along with the Cashew Béchamel Basic White Sauce and the peas. Stir until well incorporated and the peas are heated through.
Serve. Eat. Enjoy.