I came across a recipe that sounded good, but needed some adjustments to meet my lifestyle. This is what I came up with, and under 30 minutes.
- 1 can Jackfruit in brine, drained, rinsed
- 3 tbsp Smokey Southwestern Seasoning, divided 1 tbsp/2tbsp
- 2 c onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c corn kernels, frozen, defrosted
- 1 1/2 c zucchini, diced
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 c tomato sauce
- 1/4 c cilantro, garnish
- avocado, garnish
In a large dutch oven add jackfruit and 1 tbsp of Smokey Southwestern Seasoning. Work seasoning into jackfruit.. Cook jackfruit over medium heat.
A onion to jackfruit mixture and cook until the onion softens, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, and remaining Smokey Southwestern Seasoning. Stir the ingredients until they are well coated with the seasoning.
Add corn and zucchini to dutch oven. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and avocado.
Serve. Eat. Enjoy.