I made this penne dish using my new favorite sauce – Cashew Béchamel – Basic White Sauce. I had made some Creamed Spinach and decided to add it to penne and the medley of cherry tomatoes just looked so good I could not resist. I could eat the whole dish myself, but that would be selfish, so I will share.
- 12 oz brown rice penne (I like jovial)
- 12 oz. cherry tomato medley
- 1 recipe of Creamed Spinach
- 1 1/2 – 2 c Cashew Béchamel – Basic White Sauce
- fresh parsley or basil for garnish
Cook penne according to package directions in a large pot. Before draining save some of the pasta water just in case to thin the sauce.
Drain penne and return it to the pot. Add the tomatoes and stir. Stir in creamed spinach and the Cashew Béchamel Sauce, until the penne is thoroughly coated. Garnish with the herbs.
Serve. Eat. Enjoy.