Baked Oatmeal has become my favorite way to make oatmeal. It can be preassembled the night before and baked in the morning. It keeps well in the refrigerator and can be warmed up. It is great for breakfast, snack or a special treat.
There is a plethora of combinations that can be made to go together. This particular one has an autumn flavor profile. Delicious is the name for the Baked Pear-Pecan Oatmeal.
- 1 1/2 c gf rolled oats
- 1/2 c pecans, chopped
- 2 c Bartlett pears, chopped (about 2 pears)
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Spice Blend
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c almond milk, plain, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp applesauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl. Stir until well incorporated. Pour into an 8×8 baking dish.
Bake for 30-40 minutes. The oats will be tender and the liquid will have thickened.
Serve. Eat. Enjoy.