This is a wonderful substitute for dairy sour cream. It has the perfect tang that you come to expect from sour cream. You can use this to replace dairy sour cream in any recipe. Other than soaking the cashews, it only takes about 60-90 seconds to make this condiment.
There is no reason why you cannot have this in your refrigerator anytime. You can also freeze this in portions if you choose to do so.
- generous pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 3/4 c water, more if needed
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 c raw cashews, soaked, drained, rinsed
Combine all the ingredients into a high speed blender. Blitz ingredients until they are creamy and smooth. If needed add more water 1 tablespoon at a time.