This is one of my favorite salad bowls to make. It has the protein and heartiness from the quinoa, yet the freshness from the chopped veggies. The avocado is nutty and creamy all at one time, and besides it is avocado. What is not to like about an avocado – nothing.
If you want to bulk this up you could add some greens, and it will fill you up with healthy goodness.
- 1 c quinoa, cooked, cooled
- 1c zucchini, diced
- 1 c cucumber, peeled, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, peeled
- 1/2 c green onions, fine dice, white and light green parts
- 1 c cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 avocado, sliced, garnish
Note: This is so easy and quick. I like to make this the night before or in the morning so that the flavors will meld together.
Combine all ingredients into a bowl (except avocado). Stir and chill in the refrigerator.