I came across a little snippet in a magazine the said “4 must-have kitchen tools”. I pondered about this and thought No, there is 5 must-have kitchen tools. The first four are the tools mentioned in the magazine and the fifth I would say I could not do without.
- Tongs – You can never have too many tongs. Use them for stirring, tossing. sautéing, searing and serving. They are indispensable. I have at least 4 tongs of different sizes.
- Parchment Paper – It is often used when baking delectable confections to keep cakes from sticking to the pans. Parchment Paper is also a time saver. Lining your pans with parchment paper makes clean up so much easier.
- Sheet Pans – This of late has become one of my favorite tools. It would be hard to make entire meal in the oven without these. Sheet Pans are another time saver. You only have one pan to clean up. That is a big plus in my book.
- Kitchen Shears – I probably use mine everyday. Snipping herbs, cutting meats, and yes, even opening ingredient packages.
- Dutch Oven – If I could have only 1 pan to use this would be the one. The Dutch Oven can go from stove to oven. You can brown, simmer, slow cook, and roast with this marvel. This tool can be another time saver by making one pot meals. I use this pan/pot more than any other I have.
You probably noticed a trend with theses tools – Time Savers. Time is a precious commodity, and if we can save time in our kitchen we can spend it with the people we love and care for the most.
Just wondering – What are your top 5 tools?