Cacciatore usually takes a while to make. This is a quick and tasty version that you will like. This dish is loaded with veggies. That is another plus for good health.
- 2 1/4 tsp avocado oil, divided
- 3/4 tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- cooking spray
- 1/2 c onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c red bell pepper
- 4 oz baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz red wine
- 1/4 c fresh basil, cut into strips
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tomato, large, diced
Combine 3/4 tsp of oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub oil mixture evenly over chicken. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook chicken to a golden brown on each side. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 1/2 tsp of oil to pan. Add onion, bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook about 5 minutes. Add wine and reduce liquid to half its volume. Stir in basil and crushed red pepper. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.