I made this soup with the leftovers of the Pork Shoulder and Veggies from the other night. Instead of having the same thing from the other night I transformed this into a thick and hearty soup with a little kick. The kick is optional. There is a little prep-work, but it is totally worth the effort. You can either make this in a large dutch oven or a slow cooker. Either way you decide, it is delicious.
- Pork Shoulder and Veggie leftovers (see website)
- 3 c chicken stock divided 1c/2c
- 17.64 oz. tomato sauce (Pomi)
- 26.46 oz. chopped tomatoes (Pomi)
- 2 tbsp smokey southwestern seasoning (see website)
- 1 tbsp siracha (optional)
- 1 lime, zested, save juice from half the lime
- greek yogurt, optional garnish
- cilantro, chopped, optional garnish
Separate pork shoulder from veggies. In a blender of food processor blend together veggies and 1 c chicken stock. This will make a thick creamy base for the soup. The blended potatoes and carrots is what gives the soup its creamy thick texture.
Transfer veggie mixture to either a dutch oven or slow cooker. Add 2 c of chicken stock , tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, southwestern seasoning, siracha, lime zest and lime juice.
Shredded pork and add to soup mixture. Stir. If cooking soup in dutch oven, cook over low heat, If using the slow cooker use the low setting. Garnish with a dollop of greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cilantro. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.