This is a fast salad to put together, and husband approved. I know it is a real winner when my honey says, “You can make this again.” It has simple ingredients, however, when you combine them they become sublime. I almost always have these ingredients on hand to make something fast and tasty.
- 14 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Smokey Southwestern Seasoning
- lime gremolata
- olive oil
- lime, juiced
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 c combination of red, yellow and orange peppers
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 romaine heart, chopped, divided
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved, divided
- organic mexican blend cheese (0ptional)
In a bowl combine shrimp, sprinkling of smokey southwestern seasoning,1 tbsp of gremalata with a twist and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir to coat shrimp. Set aside.
in a mason jar add juice of lime, pinch of sea salt and pepper, and olive oil. Shake well.
In a large skillet melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add peppers and seasoning. Cook peppers until almost tender. Add shrimp cook about 2 minutes, turn shrimp. Turn off heat and cover skillet. This will let the shrimp continue to cook, but not over cook them.
Layer: Lettuce, Shrimp and pepper mixture, Tomatoes, Lime Dressing, Cheese (optional), and Gremalata with a Twist.
Serve. Eat. Enjoy.