This is not your everyday Chicken Parm. Usually Chicken Parm is heavily breaded, fried and a very heavy dish. This is a light and tasty dish you could serve to your family and feel proud you made them something easy, healthy and delicious.
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1/4 c almond meal (grind in spice grinder for a finer flour)
- 1 tsp mediterranean seasoning (see website)
- 2 tsp olive oil, olive oil divided
- 2 zucchini (make zoodles – see website)
- 1/2 c marinara sauce (see website)
- 1 small ball of buffalo mozzarella, sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp basil cut into strips, garnish
In a spice grinder pulse almond/date meal and mediterranean seasoning to make a fine flour. Pour flour mixture onto a plate.
In large skillet over medium heat warm 1 tsp of olive oil. Meanwhile, dredge chicken cutlets in almond-date meal mixture. Place into skillet and cook until golden brown on each side. Remove and set aside.
Add remaining olive oil and zoodles into skillet; stir. Add marinara sauce to zoodles and heat through. Return cutlets to skillet. Place cutlets on top of zoodles and layer mozzarella slices on to cutlets. Turn heat down to low; cover skillet with lid and let the mozzarella melt.
It is ready to serve when the mozzarella is melted. Garnish with basil strips. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.