I like egg dishes. Eggs are virtually the perfect protein, and they are so versatile. This quiche is very light and fluffy. Well, that is what my husband said. You could make these in mini muffin tins if you want to use them as little bites for a brunch or appetizers.
- 2 small uncooked zucchini, medium dice
- 1/2 large onion, fine dice
- 1 c pecorino cheese, about 3 oz.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 c paleo all-purpose flour (see website)
- 1/4 c basil, fresh, chiffonade (save a few strips for garnish)
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 6 ramekins.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. Spoon mixture into ramekins.
Place ramekins on baking sheet. This just makes it easier to enter and remove from oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Garnish with remaining basil. Eat. Enjoy.